October 24, 5:30 – 8:00 pm, St. Petersburg
The forum will showcase organizations in Pinellas County that have demonstrated a commitment to achieving gender equity. The organizations will be a mix of for-profit, non-profit and government and of varying sizes. Confirmed organizations participating are:
Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
Sabal Trust Company
Others will be identified as they are confirmed. The participants will discuss what has worked (and what hasn’t), the challenges they encountered and how they overcame those challenges, and what still needs to be done. Come hear these inspiring stories.
We have a variety of sponsor levels.
A tradition continues…
- Since 2012, BPW/St. Petersburg-Pinellas has been fulfilling its mission of advocacy, information and education by presenting the Working Women’s Forum. Presented as a panel discussion, the Working Women’s Forum takes on issues that are relevant to the lives of working women. The forums have included some of our area’s top subject matter experts and women leaders delivering informative, engaging and often entertaining conversations. Our most recent forums are listed below.
- Women of Influence (October 2017). Our panel included Dr. Kanika Tomalin, Deputy Mayor of St. Petersburg, Dr. Tonjua Williams, President of St. Petersburg College, and Molly Moorhead, Editorial Writer at Tampa Bay Times and was moderated by Cathy Unruh, WEDU Show Host and Author
- From My House to the White House: Navigating the Crossroads of American Democracy (October 2016). Our panel included: Deborah Clark, Pinellas County Elections Supervisor; Nikki Gaskin-Capehart, Director of Urban Affairs for the City of St. Petersburg; and The Honorable Myriam Irizarry, County Judge, Pinellas County, and was moderated by Rob Lorei, a veteran of local news in the Tampa Bay area.
- Being the Only Woman in The Room (October 2015). Our panel included Hon. Myriam Irizarry, Judge, Pinellas County Sixth Judicial Circuit, Criminal Division; Melanie Lenz, Tampa Bay Rays, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Development; Diane Bailey Morton, C1 Bank, General Counsel; Melissa Seixa, Duke Energy, Government and Community Relations, Pinellas and Pasco, and was moderated by Tami Simms, Coastal Properties/Christie’s International Real Estate.
- From Grasshopper to Queen Bee: Mentoring Relationships that Buzz (October 2014). Our panel included USFSP Regional Chancellor Sophia Wisniewska, Founder of Working Women of Florida Jessica Rivelli, Executive Vice President of the WTL Group Elaine Smalling, and Infinite Solutions of Tampa Bay President and CEO Gwendolyn Reese, and was moderated by Tami Simms, Coastal Properties/Christie’s International Real Estate.
- Women’s Success Stories: Shaping Your Career or Letting It Shape You (October 2013). Our panel included Director of the Leadership Development Institute at Eckerd College Margaret Cooley, Publisher of The Power Broker & Grapevine magazines Gypsy Gallardo, President of MAP & Associates Marty Petty, Owner of MISRED Outfitters and Lead Fashion Designer Sara Stonecipher, and was moderated by Tami Simms, Coastal Properties/Christie’s International Real Estate.
- The Affordable Care Act (October 2012). Our panel included Cigna Senior Medical Direcor of Healthcare Coverage Dr. Julie Kessel, Bayfront Medical Center VP of Strategic Planning and Public Affairs Dr. Kanika Jelks-Tomalin, and Doctors for America Senior Regional Director Dr. Mona Mangat, and was moderated by Stetson University College of Law Dean of Faculty Michael Allen
- Why Do State and Federal Elections Matter to Working Women? (February 2012). Our panel included County Commissioner Karen Seele, School Board Member Nina Hayden, and Supervisor of Elections Deborah Clark, and was moderated by USF Political Science Professor Dr. Susan McManus