Of the 17 statewide affiliates, BPW/St. Petersburg‐Pinellas garnered the most awards and top honor at the 94th annual state conference held June 27-29, 2014, in Orlando, Fla. The eight awards that recognized BPW/St. Petersburg‐Pinellas for its achievements in public relations, educational and legislative programming, and membership growth, also earned the chapter the coveted distinction of Local Organization of the Year for the second consecutive year.
“We are honored that our yearlong efforts in programming, community outreach, public relations and membership have been acknowledged by our peers across the state,” said Gretta Paige Bellas, paralegal for Kira Doyle Law and immediate Past President of BPW/St. Petersburg‐ Pinellas for 2013-2014. “Receiving recognition as BPW/Florida’s Local Organization of the Year for the second year in a row underlines our chapter’s commitment to achieving equity for all women in the workplace.”
The following awards were presented to BPW/St. Petersburg‐Pinellas for 2013‐2014:
- Local Organization (LO) of the Year – illustrates the most well-rounded year of programs, community outreach, sound fiscal policies, and effective public relations.
- Best Original Video – “I Am BPW”
- Best Overall Public Relations
- Eagle Award – consistently advocates, educates and informs its members on our 2013/2014 focus issues of economic equity, healthcare, domestic violence and the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA)
- Hortense K. Wells Trophy – best program designed to create a continued overall interest in legislation and government.
- Sacajawea Award – best Women’s History Month event
- Barnie Shuhi Education Award – best program to extend educational opportunities which stimulate initiative, self-education, or retaining for the members in order to provide new skills and adopt new attitudes
- Honorable Mention for Budget Submission
- Plus 5 Recognition for members Gretta Paige Bellas and Cory Adler-Leidersdorff for recruiting five or more new members