03 Sep Pinellas County, Florida, Commissioner Charlie Justice
Commissioner Justice, the Chairman of the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners will speak to the Business and Professional Women of St. Petersburg – Pinellas organization on Thursday, September 15th. Commissioner Justice is a long-time supporter of the BPW and most recently joined them for Unhappy Hour in April and presented the organization with a proclamation from the BCC in support of Equal Pay for women. He plans to provide an update on County issues including county organization and economic development, as well as County partnerships with municipalities.
About County Commissioner Charlie Justice
Commissioner Charlie Justice serves as the Chairman of the Pinellas County Commission. He was elected to the County-wide Commission seat in 2012 after a decade of service in the Florida House of Representatives and the Florida Senate.
In addition to his Commission duties, Commissioner Justice also serves as the Chairman of the Tourist Development Council, the Pinellas Economic Development Council, the Vice Chair of the Tampa Bay Estuary Program and on the Board of the Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas.
Commissioner Justice is a Pinellas native, having grown up in west St. Pete and graduating from St.
Petersburg College and the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.
Commissioner Justice this year celebrated his 20 th wedding anniversary with his wife Kathleen and they are the proud parents of two daughters. The Justice family resides in west St. Pete.
Pinellas County Public Service
County Commissioner, elected countywide, 2012
- Tampa Bay Estuary Board
- Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Health & Human Services Coordinating Council
- Chair, Historic Preservation Board
- Advisor, Youth Advisory Council
- Tampa Bay Partnership
Florida Senate, District 16, 2006-2010
- Senate Minority Leader Pro-Tempore
- Chair, Pinellas Legislative Delegation
- Joint Legislative Auditing Committee
- Higher Education Committee
- Higher Education Appropriations Committee
- Vice Chair, Finance & Tax Committee
- Vice Chair, Ethics & Elections Committee
- Environmental Protection
- Ways & Means
- Senate Rules Committee
Florida House of Representatives, District 53, 2000-2006
- House Democratic Caucus Whip
- General Education Committee
- Tourism Committee
- Commerce Committee
- Business, Trades, Regulations Committee
- Child & Family Security Committee
- Water & Natural Resources Committee
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, University of South Florida
- Associate of Arts Degree, St. Petersburg College
- Boca Ciega High School
Employment Prior to Election
University of South Florida St. Petersburg, Assistant Director for Leadership Programming
A Pinellas native, Commissioner Justice lives in St. Petersburg with his wife and two daughters